Our homemade granola with honey yogurt and berries is a favorite breakfast dish here at Gay Street Inn. We use a simple but fun recipe for our granola that you can easily customize at home by adding or subtracting the dry ingredients of your choice. Enjoy!
Gay Street Inn Granola
2 cups rolled oats
½ cup sliced almonds
½ cup unsweetened flaked coconut
½ cup hazelnuts, rough chopped
¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
¼ cup dark brown sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup butter
2 tablespoons honey
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees with a rack in the middle shelf.
– Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl (oats, nuts, coconut, seeds).
– Place the remaining ingredients in a small sauce pan and slowly heat, melt, and mix to combine.
– Mix the melted brown sugar mixture into the dry ingredients and stir to evenly distribute and combine.
– Spread a thin layer of the unbaked granola on a parchment-lined rimmed cookie sheet and place in the oven.
– Bake ten minutes, then remove and rake to move the granola around. Return pan and bake another 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
– Remove and let cool completely on the pan, then place in an airtight container for up to a week. You may need to break the granola into smaller chunks as it tends to stick together when it cools.
Stay Informed with Our Newsletter